9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Who should attend this HR Training Course?
This HR Skills for Non-HR Managers is designed for all managers who would like to obtain the fundamentals of HR, in order to fill their current or prospective role.
There are no prerequisites for undertaking this HR Skills for Non-HR Managers, therefore anybody can attend.
HR Skills for Non-HR Managers Course Overview
This 1 day HR Skills for Non-HR Managers training course aims to provide delegates with an introduction to the fundamentals of HR and why they are necessary to stay within the limits of employment law. This course will focus on the position of HR responsibilities within every managerial role, dealing with difficult employee, and correct procedures for absence.
This HR Skills for Non-HR Managers training course is part of the https://www.theknowledgeacademy.com/hk/courses/hr-training/">HR Training topic. This topic encircles a range of HR based courses that enable delegates to obtain sufficient skills and knowledge to fulfil their role. Some of these courses include https://www.theknowledgeacademy.com/hk/courses/hr-training/introduction-to-hr/">Introduction to HR, https://www.theknowledgeacademy.com/hk/courses/hr-training/advanced-employment-law-practitioner/">Advanced Employment Law Practitioner, and https://www.theknowledgeacademy.com/hk/courses/hr-training/category-management-fundamentals/">Category Management Fundamentals.
What's included in this HR Training Course?
- Delegate pack consisting of course notes and exercises
- Experienced Instructor
HR Skills for Non-HR Managers Course Outline
This HR Skills for Non-HR Managers will cover the following:
Module 1: Employment Law
- Fundamental employment rights and employer responsibilities
- Data Protection Act
- What is discrimination and what are the different types of it?
Module 2: Managers Role within HR
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Links between manager role and employment law
- When to involve HR managers in relations with team members
Module 3: Managing Absence
- Identifying reasonable levels of sickness
- Authorised and unauthorised absences
- Firm but fair approach to absence
- Employer rights in line with the law
Module 4: Dealing with Difficult Employees
- What is a grievance and what causes one?
- Dealing with poor performers
- Efficient discipline structure
- Putting planning strategies into place to deal with difficult situations
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM