Introduction to Supervising a Team Course Overview
This 1-day Introduction to Supervising a Team training course aims to provide delegates with an overview of the benefits and techniques behind the effective overseeing of a team. This course will focus on the specific role of a Supervisor, the necessary interpersonal skills, motivational tools and techniques, and the importance of efficient planning. The combination of all of these factors will enable a Supervisor to increase morale and productivity of the team, making the business more profitable and a satisfied team.
This Introduction to Supervising a Team course comes under the topic of Leadership Training, which is composed of a number of courses, of a range of complexities, that enables delegates to develop their skills and understanding of Leadership. Some of these courses include: Successful People Management and Team Leadership and Leadership Skills.
Introduction to Supervising a Team Course Outline
This Introduction to Supervising a Team training course will cover the following:
Module 1: The Role of the Supervisor
- The skills required within supervising
- Expectations and objectives for the workshop
- Strengths and weaknesses observed in others
- Difficulties associated with supervision
Module 2: Interpersonal Skills
- The art of assertiveness
- Influencing others
- Understanding key communication skills within supervising
Module 3: Motivation
- What is the motivation?
- Internal and external motivation within supervision
- Application of theories within supervision
- Analysis of the workplace
- Identification of improvement areas
Module 4: Power of Planning
- The importance of time management
- How to plan
- Successful delegation